Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm Back (Finally) and I Guess a Formal Introduction

So, it is obviously way past the first of the year when I thought I'd be on blogging more regularly. Well, I've spent the past week and a half playing catch up with housework. And random child squabbles and potty training mishaps and, well, you get the picture. I apologize and hopefully at least once a week, (I want to a few times a week) I will be posting. I have all sorts of ideas and thoughts that are just dying for a place to come out and be expressed.

First things first though, I never did formally introduce myself, did I? Quite rude of me, I know. So, I'm Crystal. I'm 30 years old now, and frankly, I don't understand the fear of 30 now that I am that old. It isn't too bad, in fact, it is like being 29. I am married to the most wonderful man of God ever (ok, I'm a tad bit biased). We've been married for four and a half years now (July 8, 2005). We dated for nearly two and a half years before our wedding day, and were friends for like three years before that. I honestly can not imagine being married to anyone else. Hubbs takes care of me when I can't or refuse to take care of myself. He has helped me through some really rough patches in my/our life and I know I am who I am today because of him and his thoughtfulness, caring, and support of me. I'm a mom to two wonderful daughters. Bugs is three as of last September and Beans will be two next month already. They are both beautiful and smart. As it is, we are looking at starting kindergarten with Bugs next fall. I have the best two daughters anyone could hope to be given (again, I may be a wee bit biased...)

I am a believe in the One True God. The denomination we attend doesn't matter. Jesus is all we need and to follow Him. Everything else is secondary. My husband used to be an associate pastor at a church until budget cuts eliminated his position. We are looking for a new ministry and we do have our application in at a church we both really like so we are praying that we are called there.

I am also a homeschooling mom. I believe that God gave us our children to raise up and teach. It is up to us if we are going to delegate the education of our children to others or take it upon ourselves. No matter what we choose, we will be held accountable for what our children are filled with. We have decided that we will be better stewards of our children and their future if we teach them at home and instruct them in the ways of the Lord. We are open to the possibility of putting them into school in the future, but at this point in our lives we are convinced this is the best choice for us to make. It isn't the easiest or cheapest, but the best for us and them. I do not aim to start a debate on homeschooling, public schooling or private schooling, whether you can change your mind on what you have chosen later and all the politics involved with the decision.

I prefer cloth diapers over disposeable, I love a great baby carrier/sling and I am a proponent of natural and home birthing.

Pretty much, I am just a stay-at-home wife and mom who is more than just that. I am a human being, created in the image of God who has many facets to her being. If I tried to totally explain myself, this blog post wouldn't ever get finished, and you would be extremely bored. Besides, I've got a slightly cranky Bean on my hands. She didn't wake up well from her nap today and is acting like her molars are bothering her. I intend in the next couple of days to post what I plan on doing on this blog this year. Just don't have time or space for it now.

Until we meet again,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I do moderate them to make sure things stay civil. And if I don't get them posted right away, I do apologize, things can get rather hectic with two small kids, one really old dog and a husband who's work schedule is rarely the same from week to week.