Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Getting Back on Track

Today has been fairly profitable. I've gotten the living room nearly decent again. And the laundry is about all washed. We are holding a folding party tonight after supper to teach the eldest how to fold socks and undies. At three and a half, she's old enough to learn. Beans is down for her nap, so I can't vacuum yet, or even get the vacuum cleaner out as it is stored in a closet in their room.

I'm planning tonight's supper. Breaded pork cube steaks, cream of mushroom gravy, probably brussels sprouts and noodles to serve with the gravy. Though, unless I miss my guess, Hubbs would prefer stuffing. He asks for stuffing when I make ham...

I found a great website today thanks to a friend on a forum I frequent. It is Home Sanctuary. She has a great plan on keeping up the sanctuary that is to be our homes, writes about it in a nice conversational way with a touch of humor, and is a great motivator. You can find Home Sanctuary at: Home Sanctuary I hope I embedded the URL correctly. I don't know why, but I've been having the worst time figuring that out (and Hubbs, the computer programming, website designer that he is, thinks it is funny I can't do something so simple... I'd love to see him try and make laundry detergent, get Beans to get her clothes back on, settle an argument between Beans and Bugs and answer the phone all at the same time...I don't say that to make him look bad, but to show that we all have different strengths and gifts and jobs.)

I'm behind this week on my chore list as it is. I was sick with a severe sinus headache yesterday. I seriously felt like my head was going to explode. It wasn't pleasant. And of course the kids knew I didn't feel well and took advantage of it. I can't find the floor in their room at the moment, they took apart the train table somehow and put a blanket over it to build a tent (yet, they can't get under the train table as it is so short) and found all sorts of mischief to be a part of. Oh well, those days happen.

It is dark and dreary here today. I'm not enjoying it. I'm trying to be thankful for another day, however, when it is dark out, I go up the wall. I have a bit of seasonal affective disorder and days on end without sunlight can be hard. I'm contemplating making a light box as the bought ones are so expensive. However, we don't have any wiggle room in the budget to spring for the stuff to make one right now. That's ok. I know the sun will come back eventually. And I can turn on LOTS of lights inside the house and light candles (yes, out of the reach of the little ones). I will be more grateful for the sun when it returns this way. We can't truly appreciate the sun for what it is until we have a few days of clouds.

So, my question for you today, are you appreciating times of sun and clouds? Are you thankful for whatever circumstances you find yourself in? What is God trying to teach you right now? Think about it today as you go about your work. I'm thankful for my family and for our home (I know, cliche) I'm grateful my husband agrees that my place is to stay at home and raise the children and make our home. I'm grateful for a washer and dryer that works (been through a period where I did laundry in the bath tub for six months and hung it outside on rigged up ropes to save money for a set). I'm grateful for a full freezer and that I don't need to worry where our next meal is coming from. I'm grateful that God has given us exactly what we need, when we need it.

Until next time,
Crissyanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I do moderate them to make sure things stay civil. And if I don't get them posted right away, I do apologize, things can get rather hectic with two small kids, one really old dog and a husband who's work schedule is rarely the same from week to week.