Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Book Review for Book Sneeze 5.19.2010

I read God's Promises for Girls by Jack Countryman and Amy Parker. It is a cute little book that consists with verses for different issues little girls can face. Issues about being a good sister, obeying your parents, faith, and telling the truth among others. The verses were taken from the International Children's Version of the Bible and the Reader Friendly Edition, both of which were also published by Thomas Nelson.

This book was laid out in an easy to search format. The table of contents listed the subjects by category and was very logical to follow. Most of the verses were straight to the point that were selected for each topic, and each topic had about three verses to support it. The illustrations were bright and cheery, and went with each category very well. The font chosen for the verses was a little smaller than I would have liked for a book for children, but then, that's just me.

After reading through this book, I gave it to my three-year-old to look at and she loved it. She pretended to play with the girls in the illustrations (she does that with most books) and then she didn't want to give it up when we had to run an errand. I plan on using this as a guide towards Bible memorization in the coming months with her. I really like how this book was laid out and is so easy to use and read. If you are reading this and have only boys, I know that there is a boy's version and I hope it is just as good.

I was given and copy of God's Promises for Girls by Thomas Nelson as a part of their Book Sneeze program in exchange for reading it and posting a review on my blog and a consumer website. All opinions expressed are mine and mine alone. I received no other compensation other than a copy of the book.